この組織の規約はAssociation for Computing Machineryによって定められた下記Articles I-Xである。 また、この規約に優先しない範囲において細則を設ける。
Article I: Name and Scope
- This organization shall be called: Tokyo ACM SIGIR Chapter. In these bylaws it is referred to as the Chapter; the Association for Computing Machinery is referred to as ACM.
- The scope of the Chapter is SIGIR Information Retrieval.
Article II: Purpose
- The Chapter is organized and will be operated exclusively for educational and scientific purposes to promote the following:
- An increased knowledge of and greater interest in SIGIR Information Retrieval
- Greater interest in computing and its applications
- A means of communication between persons having an interest in computing
- The Chapter will serve members of the Tokyo ACM SIGIR Chapter and other interested persons in the community.
- The Chapter is chartered by ACM. It is formed and will operate under the sponsorship of ACM and the SIG Governing Board.
Article III: Membership
- Membership in the Chapter shall be open to all ACM members, SIG members and non-members.
- Voting membership in the Chapter shall be granted to all active Chapter members.
- Membership shall not be restricted according to race, creed, age, gender, disability, nationality, sexual orientation, economic status, veteran status, or parenthood.
Article IV: Officers
- The officers of this Chapter shall be: Chair, Vice Chair, and Treasurer. These individuals must be ACM Professional Members and SIGIR Members. Other officers may also be established.
- The officers shall be elected by a plurality of votes cast at the annual election meeting or via electronic voting and serve for a minimum of one year.
- Appointment or nomination of an individual to an officer position within an ACM Chapter shall be in general limited to two full consecutive terms in the same position. This recommendation is intended to encourage the continuing infusion of new volunteers into the organization and to encourage office holders to give thought to planning for their successor.
Article V: Duties of Officers
- The Chair is the principal officer and is responsible for leading the Chapter and managing its activities in accordance with the policies and procedures of ACM and these bylaws.
- The Vice Chair shall preside at meetings in the absence of the Chair, assist the Chair in the management of the Chapter, and perform other duties that may be assigned by the Chair.
- The Treasurer shall keep the minutes of all Chapter meetings and maintain the Chapter’s financial records. Duties of the Treasurer also include:
- Collecting dues, paying all bills, and maintaining records for the Chapter
- Preparation of the Chapter's annual report and officer contact information and submission of these to ACM Headquarters via the online Chapter Administrative Interface
- Submission of any proposed amendment to these bylaws must be submitted to ACM Headquarters - Chapters Department. Proposed amendments must be approved before they can be submitted to the Chapter's membership for a vote.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chair
Article VI: Meetings
- The Chapter shall hold meetings only in places that are open and accessible to all members of the Association.
- An Annual Business Meeting should be held. At this meeting, the Treasurer shall present the required reports. Also, the election of officers shall be held.
- Notices of all meetings shall be distributed to all members at least one week prior to any meeting.
Article VII: Disbursements and Dues
- Disbursements from the Treasury for Chapter expenditures shall be made by any active Chapter officer and shall be included in the minutes of its meetings.
- Dues shall be fixed annually.
Article VIII: Amendment and Voting Procedures
- All proposed changes to these Chapter Bylaws shall be approved by ACM Headquarters - Chapters Department before being presented to the chapter membership for a vote.
- No official business of the Chapter shall be conducted unless a quorum is present. A quorum of the Chapter shall be defined as a majority of the voting membership of the Chapter.
- Officers will be elected by a plurality of votes cast.
Article IX: Code of Conduct
- Harassment or hostile behavior is unwelcome, including speech that intimidates, creates discomfort, or interferes with a person’s participation or opportunity for participation, in a Chapter meeting or Chapter event. Harassment in any form, including but not limited to harassment based on alienage or citizenship, age, color, creed, disability, marital status, military status, national origin, pregnancy, childbirth- and pregnancy-related medical conditions, race, religion, sex, gender, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected by laws in which the Chapter meeting or Chapter Event is being held, will not be tolerated. Harassment includes the use of abusive or degrading language, intimidation, stalking, harassing photography or recording, inappropriate physical contact, sexual imagery and unwelcome sexual attention. A response that the participant was “just joking,” or “teasing,” or being “playful,” will not be accepted.
- Anyone witnessing or subject to unacceptable behavior should notify a Chapter officer or ACM Headquarters.
- Individuals violating these standards may be sanctioned or excluded from further participation at the discretion of the Chapter officers or responsible committee members.
Article X: Dissolution of the Chapter
- Dissolution of this Chapter by consent of the members shall consist of unanimous agreement of all its officers together with a majority vote at a meeting which has been publicized in advance to all members of the Chapter for the purpose of taking this vote.
- Should this Chapter be dissolved, its assets and liabilities shall be transferred to ACM and shall be supervised by the ACM Finance Director.
[第 I 条] 名称および対象分野
- 日本語で記述される文書においては、「Tokyo ACM SIGIR Chapter」の通称名として「ACM SIGIR 東京支部」を用いる。 以後、この細則ではACM SIGIR東京支部を「支部」と表記する。
- 支部は、日本におけるACM SIGIR、ACM、その他ACMに関わる活動を補完するための活動を支援する。
[第 II 条] 目的
[第 III 条] 役員
- Chair, Vice chair, Treasurer以外のOfficersとして、若干名のOrganizing committee membersを加える。
- Organizing committee membersは、ChairおよびVice Chairの指示の下、支部の運営に必要な活動を行う。
- Officers (役員)
- Chair (委員長)
- Vice chair (副委員長)
- Treasurer (会計)
- Organizing committee members (運営委員)
[第 IV 条] 会費
[第 V 条] 会計
[第 VI 条] 投票
[第 VII 条] 個人情報
- 支部の目的を達成するため必要となる会員の個人情報を、Officersで保持し利用することができる。 会員情報の利用範囲は、支部活動の範囲に限定される。